Scott Jordan is an accomplished life sciences business development and investment banking professional with more than 25 years of corporate experience in negotiating strategic corporate alliances, securing international licensing agreements, building national sales teams, and contributing to successful product development, approval, and launch. Cross functional leadership experience includes sales & marketing, licensing, compliance, regulatory, translational medicine, clinical development, and legal.
His expertise includes assisting senior executives with raising seed/growth financing and identifying, structuring, and negotiating licensing agreements with biopharmaceutical organizations.
Prior to forming SJA, Scott spent 5 years with Chicago-based oncology biotech company, NeoPharm, as Director of Business Development, and 3 years as a Regional Sales Manager for Akorn Opthalmics. Before beginning his track record in the biotechnology field, Scott spent 3 years with Abbott Laboratories within their Diagnostic Division (ADD) in a commercialization role.
His background includes:
- Assist emerging growth biotechnology companies and investment banks with corporate finance (private placements/M&A), personalized medicine (next generation sequencing), and business development initiatives (corporate partnering, deal structuring) for this life science consultancy. Clients include leading healthcare investment bank, Healthios, oncology CRO, TD2, and emerging growth biotechnology companies, Advanced Life Sciences, IRX Therapeutics, Formula Pharmaceuticals, and BCat Pharmaceuticals.
- Raised $74 million in net proceeds for NeoPharm in a secondary offering priced on 1/21/04. The $18.25 offering price represented a 13% increase over the Company’s closing price three months earlier, a 36% increase over its closing price six months earlier, and a 127% increase over its closing price twelve months earlier.
- Signed a licensing agreement with Nippon Kayaku, a leading Japanese pharmaceutical company with over $1.2 billion in revenues for the rights to IL13-PE38QQR (glioblastoma multiforme) on December 28, 2004. NeoPharm received a $3 million upfront payment with potential milestones of $25 million.
- Negotiated a research/material transfer agreement with Wyeth-Ayerst resulting in a multi-million offer to license NeoPharm’s Phase I antisense compound, LErafAON, in 2002.
- #1 performing Sales Manager (revenue and profitability growth) at Akorn Opthalmics, a Chicago-based specialty pharmaceutical company.
- Placed 11th among 63 diagnostic representatives in the 1997 National President’s Club within Abbott’s Diagnostic Division (ADD). Successfully marketed oncology diagnostic equipment/reagents to physician offices and hospitals including oncology diagnostic assays: AFP (testicular), CA 125 (ovarian), CEA (various), and PSA (prostate).
Scott Jordan has an M.B.A. from the Kellstadt Graduate School of Management (DePaul) in finance and a B.A. from Michigan State University. He is a Level II Candidate in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program and holds Series 7, 66, 63 & 31 Certifications.