- Business development, private investing, and M&A are moving “online” – while alternative finance started off as seed stage endeavor, more recently platforms have begun to emerge at different stages in the funding cycle, disrupting traditional institutions
- Online global investing reached $16.4B in 2014 – over 1,250 crowdfunding platforms worldwide
- Alternative finance is drawing more established issuers – Originally seen as a solution to the long-standing funding gap for early stage companies that appeared in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, the ability for issuers to raise capital more quickly and at a lower cost than would otherwise be possible at traditional institutions
- Alternative finance is removing information barriers and information inefficiencies that exist in the private market, opening funding conduits an channeling global liquidity
In a recent letter to shareholders, JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon warned of growing competition for Wall Street in the form of tech start-ups.
“Silicon Valley is coming,” Dimon said in the letter, which touched on technologies as varied as mobile payments, bitcoin and peer-to-peer lending.
“There are hundreds of start-ups with a lot of brains and money working on various alternatives to traditional banking,” the CEO warned.
“Alternative Finance is a new phenomenon, and it is taking the world by storm. With over 1,250 crowdfunding platforms worldwide, this new model of collaborative funding is breaking boundaries and defying the status quo as to how issuers source capital. In light of this paradigm shift and plethora of platforms, we perceived the need to develop an alternative finance aggregator that would instantaneously display quality private investment opportunities from curated platforms, all in one centralized marketplace.”
Democratizing Finance, Alternative Finance Demystified, July 2015,
- 3,300 members – Accredited Investors, Emerging Growth Company Executives, Investment Professionals, Strategic Buyers
- 600 “Active” healthcare companies in 46 Market Sectors Seeking Licensing Partners, Financings, and/or “Exits”
- Sponsors – Healthios, Chicago-Based Investment Bank and SJA
- The World’s Premier “Direct Investing” Platform
- Sponsored by the Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX), and Venture Capital Firm, Clearbridge Accelerator, and HealthiosXchange
- SGX – Raise, Capital for Small-Medium Size Enterprises (SME), Fund Allocation, Shares depository