S. Jordan Associates — Learn how life sciences companies can raise investment capital via Crowdfunding
Fundraising through angel investors and venture capitalists remains one of the most daunting challenges facing entrepreneurs. An alternative financing platform receiving a great deal of attention is Equity Crowdfunding: a method of raising capital in small amounts from a large group of people using the Internet and social media.
On April 5th, 2012, the “JOBS Act” (Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act) was signed by President Obama including a provision for Equity Crowdfunding. The JOBS Act left many of the details of Equity Crowdfunding and private offerings in the hands of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) which has 270 days to conduct rulemaking, at which time Equity Crowdfunding should become available for issuers.
Our complimentary White Paper provides crucial fundraising information, including:
- What would need to change about Equity Crowdfunding, as it is conceived today, to make it a truly viable and complimentary component of the startup capital markets?
- How Equity Crowdfunders and Angels/Venture Capitalists can work together?
- Can Equity Crowdfunding replace the traditional lifeblood of startups, Friends and Family funding seed rounds?
- When should life sciences’ companies raise Equity Crowdfunding Capital?
- What are the benefits of diversifying the investor base through Equity Crowdfunding?
- Why is $300,000 – $500,000 projected to be the Crowdfunding range for life science companies?
- Why are investors with philanthropic/compassionate use goals ideal Crowdfunding investors?
S. Jordan Associates is a life sciences investment banking and business development consultancy assisting biopharmaceutical companies to raise seed/growth financing, and identify, structure, and negotiate deals with strategic biotech/pharma companies. S. Jordan Associates is partnered with one of the healthcare industry’s leading boutique investment banks, Healthios.